Last edit: 03/03/2023
When selecting an interlocking device for a machine, it is necessary to consider all phases of the machine life cycle.
Some provided selection criteria are:
- The conditions of use and intended use of the machine;
- The hazards present at the machine;
- The severity of the possible injury;
- The probability of failure of the interlocking device;
- Overall system stopping performance and access time;
- The required PL or SIL for the safety function;
- Information for use provide for the interlocking device;
- For type 4 interlocking devices the means to avoid that a single actuator can be taught in an unlimited manner by the operator without special knowledge and tools.
EN ISO 14119: Interlocking device associated with guards CH 4 – Operating principles and typical forms of intrlocking devices associated with guards CH 5 – Requirements for the design and the installation of interlocking devices with and without guard locking CH 6 – Selection of an interlocking device CH 7 – Design to minimize the motivation to defeat interlocking devices CH 8 – Control requirements New Edition ISO 14119 – 2023