Last edit: 06/07/2023
When selecting an interlocking device for a machine, it is necessary to consider all phases of the machine life cycle.
Some provided selection criteria are:
- The conditions of use and intended use of the machine;
- The hazards present at the machine;
- The severity of the possible injury;
- The probability of failure of the interlocking device;
- Overall system stopping performance and access time;
- The required PL or SIL for the safety function;
- Information for use provide for the interlocking device;
- For type 4 interlocking devices the means to avoid that a single actuator can be taught in an unlimited manner by the operator without special knowledge and tools.