GT - Engineering
We are a Consulting Company, specialised in CE Marking, Risk Assessement and Risk Reduction of Machineries according to European Directive 2006/42/EC.
Many of our customers are Machinery manufacturers operating in various types of industries: from Steel Mills to Industrial Furnaces, from Machine tools to Waste treatment plants
We give support to Manufacturers exporting to USA and Canada for the compliance of their machines to the North American Electrical Standards, among which UL 508A, NFPA 79, NFPA 70 (NEC), CE Code, C22.2 N°286.
We do Hazardous Location Classification (Directive 99/92/CE) according to IEC standards and risk assessement + compliance of apparatus and equipment installed in Classified Locations (Directive 2014/34/EU).
GT Engineering is active inside European and North American Technical Committees related to the machinery safety, Functional Safety, Industrial Furnaces Safety and ATEX.
- ELECTRICAL SAFETY:
- Member of the Technical Committee IEC/TC44 MT 60204-1 for IEC 60204-1: Safety of machinery - Electrical equipment of machines.
- Member of the Technical Committee IEC/TC64/ MT 09 for IEC 60364-4-41: Protection for safety - Protection against electric shock.
- Member of the UL Standard Technical Panel (STP) for UL 508A
- Principal (Special Expert) on the NFPA 79 Technical Committee.
- Member of WG 4-006 of the CE Code (Canadian Electrical Code C22.1)
- FUNCTIONAL AND PROCESS SAFETY:
- Member of the Technical Committee TC 44/MT 62061 for IEC 62061: Safe control systems for machinery
- Member of the Technical Committee TC44/PT 63394 for IEC TS 63394: Guidelines on safe control systems for machinery
- Member of the Technical Committee TC 65/SC 65A/MT 61511 for IEC 61511: Functional safety - Safety instrumented systems for the process industry
- Member of the Technical Committee TC 65/SC 65A/MT 61508-1-2 for IEC 61508: Maintenance of IEC 61508-1, -2, -4, -5,-6 and 7
- Member of the Technical Committee ISO/TC 199, WG 8, ISO 13849-1: Functional Safety of Machinery
- Member of the CEN/TC 305 For Potentially explosive atmospheres - EN 1127-1: Explosion prevention and protection
- TYPE B STANDARDS:
- Member of the Technical Committee ISO/TC 199, WG 6, for ISO 13855: Positioning of safeguards
- Member of the Technical Committee ISO/TC 199, WG 3, for ISO 11161: Integrated manufacturing systems
- Member of the Technical Committee ISO/TC 199, WG 7, for ISO 14119: Interlocking devices associated with guards
- Member of the ANSI writing subcommittees for B11.0, B11.19, B11.26.
- TYPE C STANDARDS:
- Member of the Technical Committee ISO/TC 299, WG3 ISO 10218-1 and ISO 10218-2 for the Safety Applications of Robots and Cobots
- Member of the Technical Committee ISO/TC 244, CEN/TC 186 for the Safety of Industrial Furnaces (EN 746-2 and ISO 13577-2 and -4)
We provide in-depth Training on all Disciplines for which we do Consulting. Probably, we are appreciated mostly for the pragmatism and the Problem Solving Approach.