Last edit: 03/03/2023
The standard is designed having in mind “premises” (the land and all facilities including buildings belonging to it) and it is not directly applicable to machinery; however, the machinery standard IEC 60204-1 often refers to it.
It applies to the design, erection and verification of electrical installations such as those of:
- residential premises;
- commercial premises;
- public premises;
- industrial premises;
- agricultural and horticultural premises;
- prefabricated buildings;
- caravans, caravan sites and similar sites;
- construction sites, exhibitions, fairs and other installations for temporary purposes;
- external lighting and similar installations;
- medical locations;
- mobile or transportable units;
- photovoltaic systems;
- low-voltage generating sets.